Adoption Day!!! Special Day!!! Just before we entered the Judge's chambers we had a 5.0 earthquake. I didn't even notice--probably because I was giving Camilla a pony ride on my knees and it included a lot of bouncing and falling off the horse. The Judge, however, experienced some shaking walls and moving furniture in her office. When we walked in she said, " 'And the earth trembled.' It must be a sign." I looked up the quote later and found that the earth never trembled for joy--it was always a rebuke from the Lord. So, maybe it trembled because the court house is adjacent to the prison and the sign was for somebody else. We couldn't have felt happier to be signing adoption papers today. Isn't this Great Grandy's birthday? If so, then it was even more special.
We introduced the judge to our family. She knew us from our many court appearances. We signed the papers and Camilla signed, too. She actually wrote her name really well all by herself and with confidence. We took pictures and then presented four caseworkers and judge with framed copies of "The Family, A Proclamation to the World" in gratitude for helping us become a family. To conclude, our family and the Greenways (good friends who came) sang, "I am a Child of God." All were very emotional. Megan sang the most beautiful descant during the last verse. These women who see a lot of tough things, cried. I know they felt something and I hope that what they were a part of today, gives them strength and courage to use the law in favor of the children they work for.
In this county court system, there is much need for truth. I think those who work in it are trying to do their jobs well, but are less effective and efficient than they could be because they don't have the grounding influence of truth about the true purpose of families. Laws sway this way and that. Currently the laws make it very difficult to form a family unit through adoption. We feel so blessed for the miracle of getting to adopt and not "co-parent" -- the latest strategy in rearing foster children here. We know Heavenly Father loves His children more than we can possibly comprehend, but we can try to feel that love every day."


No comments:
Post a Comment